Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Smarty Pants"


I'm always looking for opportunities to brag on my girls, but what parent doesn't. I've always got a recent picture in my wallet and a story to tell. Today I'm going to brag on my 3-year old, Cadence. I call her my "smarty pants" and here's why. She is so smart and mature for her age. It's easy for me to forget that she is only 3 because she knows sooo much and speaks like a much older child.

She just started 3K last month at the daycare/school that she's been attending since she was 8 months old. The school that she goes to is great. They have the best teachers around here. They begin teaching their students very early (potty training, counting, ABC's, vocabulary, etc.). It's great how much those children learn at such a young age. It's a Christian school, so they also teach them bible stories, prayers, scriptures, and of course songs. It is expensive, but it is well worth every penny. I wouldn't settle for anything less for my girls.

Well anyway, in the month that she has been in 3k, she's able to count to 30, mastered her ABC's, able to recognize and write some letters and numbers, and recite Corinthians 13. She knows that there are 7 days in the week (and can recite them), and she knows all 12 months of the year. There's more. She knows "The Pledge of Allegiance"and "The Pledge to the Christian Flag". She knows so much that I'm sure I am forgetting something.
Just the other day, she was talking to her dad and me(and I forget how this came up) about Joseph. She was telling us the story of how Joseph had a coat of colors and how his brothers sold him, put blood on his coat and gave it to their daddy, and how Joseph became a king and forgave his brothers.
I could brag on my Cadence all day, but this will do for now. I love my little "smarty pants"!

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a very smart little girl! P1 went to a private Pre-K & Kindergarten and it was the best money ever spent. It gives them a WONDERFUL foundation, both academically and spiritually! That's where Pen is now and we can't wait for her to excel like we know she's going to!
    PS- Joseph is my fave story... if she likes it, buy her the musical version on CD with Michael Damian as Joseph! It's THEE BEST soundtrack!!

    ReplyDelete