Thursday, February 25, 2010

6 and counting

Aaryn now has 6 teeth! They're really coming fast now. I didn't even know until Cadence (who makes sure she counts Aaryn's teeth almost everyday) told me. I had just picked them up from daycare and had strapped Aaryn into her carseat already. As I was buckling Cadence, she was "forcing" Aaryn to show her her teeth. Then she says, "Aaryn has 4 teeth on top". Last time I checked, which seemed like just a couple of days ago, she only had a total of 4 (2 on bottom and 2 on top). I say to Cadence, "Are you sure. I think she just has two on top and two on bottom". She says "no, there's 4 on top". Well, naturally, I take a look, thinking all along that I'm going to have to count Aaryn's teeth for Cadence to prove to her that her sister only has 4 teeth. I open her mouth and take a look and what do I see?......6 teeth! The only explanation that I have is that they grew overnight. Now that I think about it, a couple of nights ago, she did wake up in the middle of the night crying. When I went in to check on her, she was biting on her blanket. I actually did assume that she was teething so rubbed a little Orajel onto her gums, changed her diaper, and put her back to bed. I never once looked into her mouth. That must be the night they made their appearance. Ha! I would have seen them eventually, but having an observant 4-year old has its benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment