Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving (Late)

Man...I've really slacked in keeping this blog updated. It seems that the days are getting shorter and shorter. Both girls have been sick over the past few weeks, but hopefully, that bug has left our home for good. Between taking care of the girls, working, and the Thanksgiving holiday, I've had very little time to spend on the computer.

Thanksgiving was great! If I could rewind time, I think I'd go back to this past Thursday and do Thanksgiving again. Thanksgiving really makes me reflect on all the things that I am thankful for. Here are my top 5:

1. My family. My family means the world to me. I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters. I'm thankful too for the rest of my family who are always there when we need them.

2. My friends. Though they are few, I am thankful for those who have been true friends to me and my family.

3. My job. I know I gripe and complain and don't look forward to going to work everyday, but I am thankful to have a decent job. It's not hard work and it allows me to help take care of our family and give my girls a good life.

4. My health. I am relatively healthy and I am very thankful for that.

5. My upbringing. I am thankful for person that I have become. My mom raised my brother and me as a single mom. She taught me to be kind, honest, and obedient. From her, I've learned how to be a good mother to my children.

There other things that I am thankful for, but there are too many to list. We should all be thankful for people and the things in our lives everyday...not just on Thanksgiving.

Since my husband and I have been together, we've had Thanksgiving dinner twice (with both families). We had dinner with my husband's family at 1pm. We all get together at his grandmother's house and everyone brings a dish to make up the meal. This year, we were responsible for the deviled eggs and drinks. Everything was good. I had to force myself not to go back for seconds because we still had another dinner to attend.

We had dinner with my family (at my aunt's house) around 4pm. We were responsible for the mac and cheese and a dessert. I found a great recipe for pumpkin cheescake and it turned out really delicious. The mac and cheese was good, but it could have been better. I really stuffed myself. I think I gained at least 10lbs, but Thanksgiving only comes once a year. I can always work on losing the weight tomorrow...or next week...or at the beginning of the year. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment