Wednesday, April 14, 2010

26

That's how old I am today. I had a pretty good day today. John woke up the girls and had them (Cadence) sing "Happy Birthday" to me when I got up. He had a small store bought cake for me, along with a new purse and wallet. He actually did a good job of picking it out. This weekend, we will celebrate with dinner and I get to go SHOPPING! By shopping, I mean that I get to go to one store and buy one outfit, but that's cool.

I wasn't really looking foward to my birthday because birthdays means you're getting older. As the day went on, and sooooo many people assured me that I was still young, I loosened up. Twenty-six is just really close to 30 and I'm afraid of 30. I'm starting to realize that it may not be so bad now. I have a great life. I have a husband, 2 kids, a good job, a house, a college education, and I'm happy. I look at some of my classmates and realize that my life is to die for in comparison to some of theirs.

So, I'm going to enjoy being 26....until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment