Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back on Schedule...Finally!

My husband, the girls, and I visited Oregon last week during my husband's spring break from school. My husband's paternal family lives there in the Medford area. We had a great time. I took my camera, intending to get some pictures of everyone with the girls, but issues with my camera prevented me from getting the shots that I wanted. I'm pretty sure, though, that John got some on his phone. Hopefully, I'll be able to upload those here later. The quality will suck, but its better than nothing, right?

The plane ride over was long...12 hours with 2 changeovers. We arrived in Medford around 12am PST(3am our time). Surprisingly, the girls did great. Aaryn slept most of the way. Cadence did some schoolwork, colored, and watched movies. She did take a little nap on the longest flight.

By the time we landed in Medford, I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was go to bed. The girls had different plans though. They did not want to go to sleep. Cadence was running back and forth through the airport. We finally got them to sleep around 2:30am (west coast time). They woke up at 7:15am....not fun.

For anyone who has ever traveled with children, you know that it is hard to keep kids on a schedule, with visiting, going out, staying up late, etc. So for a week, the girls stayed up late and only got to take short naps, if any at all.

Well, the vacation ended and we had to come home. We had another long flight back. We made it home around 9pm (EST). Appareantly the girl's didn't get the memo on what time it was. They were both wide awake until nearly 12am. They were still on Oregon time...3 hours earlier. I suffered with their schedules all weekend. Cadence adjusted after Monday. Aaryn struggled to go to sleep up until Wednesday. I tried putting her to bed earlier and earlier each night until we got to a decent bedtime. Both girls are sleeping as I type this.

Thank God for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment