Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cadence!

My oldest daughter turned 4 on Wednesday. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again..."Boy, does time fly!" It is really hard to believe that I have a 4-year old. It seems like it was just yesterday that she was born. She is really a sweet and very smart child. She never ceases to amaze me with all of the words and phrases that she knows. She's also a clown (she gets that from her daddy). She loves to act silly to make people laugh. It's her gift, and its a good one. Laughter is good for the soul.

When I found out that I was pregnant with her, I wondered what kind of mother I would be. I was a little scared at first. I didn't think I had much to offer her. I wondered what would I teach her. It's been four years and I realize that I'm not the perfect mother, but I am a good mother. I've realized that although I don't think I have much to offer, my children think the world of me. Most importantly, I've realized that motherhood is a learning process. I've learned just as much from my children as they've learned from me. They've taught me both forgiveness and unconditional love.

So Happy 4th Birthday, Cadence! I love you and am so proud of the child that you have become. You are my first born, but you will always be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment